Speech, Language & Communication Support
We have on staff a RCSLT registered speech and language therapist who is able to offer support for schools in a variety of different areas:
- Autistic spectrum conditions (targeting communication)
- Learning difficulties (targeting communication)
- Developmental language disorder
- Speech Language and Communication Needs (SLCN)
- Alternative Augmentative Communication systems (AAC)
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Adapting the environment to support communication
- Setting speech, language and communication targets for interventions
"I would like to thank you at the Loyne School for your support…It has shown team working at its very best, the way it should be with the child and family at the centre of everything we do.
We would not have been able to do it without the staff’s specialist skills in communication”NHS Practitioner
It is important to note that we cannot provide support for individual pupils who are receiving input from the NHS Speech & Language Team.
We do need to charge for this service and you can find more information about what we can provide in the brochure.
If you would like to request support for a pupil, please either complete the online referral form or download it and return to ‘School to School Support, Loyne Specialist School, Sefton Drive, Lancaster, LA1 2QD. On receipt of a request for support, you will be contacted by a member of our outreach team to organise an initial meeting to clarify the type and amount of support required.
Please direct all enquiries to the school office team, the telephone will be answered by Karen, Tanya or Alison who will ensure the correct member of our school team responds to you. For any further information you can contact us using the details below or fill in the form on the right and we will get back to you.
Phone: 01524 645 43